I bust a move, i cut a rug, i shook my groove thing, i did everything but drop it like it was hot. However there was a 50 year old woman that dropped it like it was hot more than once.
Oh yes, I went to the wedding I was dreading, and the planets must have aligned just right becuase something happened and I had the time of my life. Really! Melanie and I got in the car at 9 am on friday and started driving to Huntsville, AL. Between power ballads, and rocking steady, there was enough singing that I, in the end, have lost my voice.
We got there and went to the reheasal dinner and it appeared no one wanted us there. Well this is ok, I have a BIG crush on the grooms dad so i will just sit and stare at him. We get stuck sitting at a table with the girl everyone is currently hating. So perfect, they don't want us there and now it looks like we are on the dark side. So we here all the drama that is going on and i decide to do what anyone in this situation would do. I hit the bar. Mel and I were feeling prettty good at the end of the dinner, so good in fact I asked the best man, an old friend of mine, that if i promised to strip could i come to the bachlor party. (they are the reasons I was there anyway) He said no but the groom was all for it i think. So i went to hang out with girls i really have never cared for. the fun began. Melanie was looking forward to the part were she had to say "SSSHHH, Marci they are right in front of you" when I started making fun of people to their faces. It turned out there was so much drama with these girls that melanie and i made our own party. We seemed to haveour own alcohol induced party, but when it looked like we might have pissed some people off we went back to our room to drink alone. Well not 3 minutes later there was a knock at the door and a phone call. It seems the party needed us and we were being threatened by death if we did not return. So i came back and started a toga party.
FYI: you can not walk through the taco bell drive thru at 3 am in a toga and get food. Even after explaining to the woman that if you are in a toga it might be possible you are too drunk to go get your car.
Melanie and I both got kicked out about 8 times, seperately, however, whenever she came and said "MAN i got kicked out AGAIN" i replied "Oh well we're not leaving". anyway, the time of my life was had... maybe i pissed girls off but the better of the bunch stayed up with us long after the bride and here party left.
the next day we went to the wedding and then the reception and then the fun began. They played Dixie chicks white trash wedding, good bye earl, and You've lost that loving feeling, which during a 50 year old woman crawled up some stairs and started dry humping a friend of mine. I did the chicken dance and shook my bum for the grooms father, and when it was time for the bouquet,Melanie and I decided to pretend we did not know it was going on. We ignored the first 5 times they called our names and then they grabbed a microphone announceing to everyone there that we were in fact 2 of the only 5 single people there. I think that is why the child molester looking man hit on me the rest of my time there. Old people got way to drunk and made fools of themselves and that might have been totally worth my time.
When it was over, I told the grooms father i was moving into his new empty room next weekend. He said ok. Does it matter he has a wife and a son my age that is one of my best friends and is my dads age? I really don't think so.
We left went to the hotel where me and the best man sat outside and made fun of everyone. Sometimes they came up and heard us, but the novilty of the group had worn off and with the exception of 3 of the girls (who i am shocked at how much i like them since i have know them for a long time), i could have cared less. I finally went to bed and woke up this mornign with no voice and drove home.
AH, Good Time, Good Times!