Ok so I have kept this of the blog as long as I can do to the fact that the subject is someone that reads this. Due to that fact
Rex you need to stop reading now.
Many, Many, Many moons ago I dated a boy known as Rex, for quite a few years. He was what some cheesy TV show would call my "highschool sweetheart". Not like Brenda and Dylan, but more like the stoner and the computer geek (good thing Rex is not reading). But for real, he had a calculator watch. :) Anyway, he was the my first relationship, first one my mom walked in and saw making out with me, first victim of a psycho that liked me, first one I ever snuck into my room in the middle of the night , first one that ever understood I was emotionally inept, and the first one ever to have my mom use the word "masterbate" in conversation with.
I came to college and we broke up. Since then we have been good friends. Not in the "we forward dumb email to eachother" way. I am talking we are good friends in the sense that anything big that has happened to either of us in the past 7 years has been followed by a phone call to eachother, and I know that I can call if I need a non-judgmental opinion or simply when I start missing the old Marci, and he will remind me I might still be imaginative and funny. I kinda think he feels the same way about our friendship due to the fact that he called to tell me about the proposal before it happened.
With all that said: He has been dating a girl for 5 years. He is marrying this girl in a bit more than a month. He has invited me to the wedding. Now we all know how I feel about weddings, much less marriage, however, I don't believe in religion either but I have a lot of friends that live the life and that is fine with me. Rex is happy and I am happy for him. Now thing is it might be weird that he invited me, the ex, to the wedding. But for some reason it might not be. I would love to see him and there will be a few people there I would like to see as well. Now I have also been asked to the wedding as a date. The date is no other than a grooms man, who was the best friend of Rex through highschool. He is also the same guy that has swooped in and picked up every girl Rex ever dropped. Now this is a nice guy that I had a really good time with in highschool, and he does need a date. If I am able to go to the wedding, I will have to go alone because any hope of me having a guy is a ridiculous thought. So I am unsure the proto call in this situation.
Strange part is, Rex called tonight. I told him about the friend and he laughed and said "use your own judgment". He also expressed how he is worried about conflict at the wedding and all the conflict is with the friend and other people. SO question is:
1. Do I go with the friend and while he gets too drunk, just sit there and have all the "look how FINE the ex is" take away from him?
2. Go alone, and have the "look how drunk that guy is" take away from the "The ex is so hot"?
3. Not go?
Your choice. Hurry and vote I need to answer him in a few days. I will tally and go with what you all think.
Did I mention this guy has made a comment to Rex that he would bang me at the wedding?
(PS I better get some comments)