An old tradition was brought back to life today, only this time I am old. I have exams this week and in my undergrad, I spent the night before every test or exam at
Waffle House. Only in the undergrad I would show up there at about 1 am and stay til about 5. So tonight I actually went at 6. I don't know that I have ever been inside a Wa Ho that early. So I proceeded to drink about 9 cups of coffee. Something I had stopped doing for reasons I could not remember. Now I remember. It is probably the migraine headache it gives me, and the 24 hours of energy it gives me. I am not the person that needs anymore energy than I normally have. So now I still have studying to do and I can not stop moving and talking sweetly to my headache. ie: "hey sweetie, if you leave me alone and let me study, I promise you can join me in bed tonight"
Another thing this rebirth of Wa Ho did, was remind me how great life was about 6 years ago. Damn we could get drunk as hell and go up to waffle and raise hell for hours and not get kicked out (well only a few times). And there was the fact that we would always squeeze 10 people in a 4 person booth. And THE BOY and I could go up there and play chess for hours, where he would win and make his king ride my knight all around the restaurant (he was not a good winner). And we could talk to the truckers about the strip clubs. And we could have loud drunken conversations about sex and occasionally another customer would jump in. And then we could rule the juke box and sing bon jovi at the top of our lungs. And I could get my married, guy friends in trouble just simply being there with them (although the wife always thought my name was Margie) AH... good times good times. No one else prob gets how good it was, but I know at least
Brad does. and that makes this post worthwhile.