The grades are in and with all my continual bitching about homework, papers, criers, teachers with extreme facial expressions, and field trips, I need to tell every one that I am not only a graduate student with my Doctorate in reach, I am now a graduate student that has a
4.0. *insert applause here*
Now maybe you are sitting there thinking I am a genius, but I think the grades are wrong. Seriously! I was borderline A/B in 2 classes and I swear I bombed the final exams. Now either I know more than I think, there was a major curve, or showing my tits really did work.
So I guess it turns out I might be a genius, I might be lucky, or I might have a nice rack. Who knows all the options are fine with me.
My mothers reaction:
"Oh so you are on the Deans list, that's nice" *all monotone* (um... is there a dean's list at the master's level?)
_________________________________________
Which brings me to the story of Diana's mom.
In Tampa this last week I was staying with Diana's family. I have known Diana and her family since I was 4 years old. Her mother made 2 comments that I think would be cool as shit to hear from my own mother.
1.
"You really were not one of the bad kids growing up"
2.
"We are so proud of you"
So I think next semester I am going to call Diana's parents and tell them my grades instead of my own.