When life throws the first punch, rules of engagement no longer matter!
I have always looked down on Melanie when she suggests we do the behavior that I have just displayed, so starting out with this story, I need to say ..... I KNOW MELANIE!
It is raining, and icy, and freezing, and I have had a bad few days, and I need a hug really really bad (not just a hug, but a big bear hug from someone much bigger than me so I can pretend I'm a kid being told everything is going to be ok) and Bert needs to go to the doctor but I can't afford his medical care, ect... so I go to Kroger and apparently the store policy is that you don't need to bring in the carts in when it is -500 degrees outside. I was not aware of the policy and was planning on doing some major ramon noodle and lettuce purchasing (hey I'm poor). So I am walking around the store carrying a bunch of crap, when some ass hole runs into me with his cart and makes me drop it all. He gave ME a dirty look as if I had thrown myself in front of him wanting a bruise on my bum from his cart and purposely hurled my 15 items out of the strategical placement in my arms onto the floor in front of their cart in order to ruin his day. Well, as I was picking up my crap he got upset and walked around me, leaving his cart momentarily, WHILE STEPPING ON MY STUFF and grunting, to find what ever it is assholes go to the store for. So I was on the floor getting my stuff together and then it came to me,
MAYBE I WAS SENT HERE TO RUIN HIS DAY. So I went with it and put my stuff in his cart, clicked up my heels and rolled away with a new found bounce in my step.
My duty today has been fulfilled, and amazingly I feel so much better.