HOW I ALMOST GOT MY A** BEAT AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY:
So we all know I don't like children all that much, and I never want any of my own, but there are times when seeing a happy kid makes me want to run and play with them (as long as I can send them home when I am done). Little cute happy kids are pretty cool. Today at the store there was this little boy, probably about 4, and he was walking behind his mother talking to himself and to various food items on the shelves. He was SO happy, and cute, and just bounced up and down the isles behind his mom jabbering away to himself. This little boy was SO awesome. He grinned ear from ear, AND THEN .......
His mother turned around and in a raised tone said "How many times do I have to tell you that
no one cares what you have to say, will you
shut the fuck up!" The little boy just looked at her and you could physically see the smile fade slowly into the saddest look ever and his little bouncy body went all limp and he just started silently walking behind his mom. Those words would have hurt MY feelings but I am old enough to cognitively process it, all this little boy knows is what mommy says is true. And I know from experience that if this is the way she talks to him in public, that in private it is 10x's worse. Poor kid, will always think no one gives a shit about him.
Ok yes I don't have kids and i am not about to tell people how to parent, but I believe you don't use the word fuck around kids, ESPECIALLY when addressing them and the parent is the primary source of a kids happiness, and responsible for the kids self esttem development and this woman is blowing it. So I walked by the little sad lump of flesh and smiled at him and said "hey, I was hearing ya". The little kid perked back up and smiled at me and his mom told me to "mind my own goddamn business". I just smiled back at the kid and walked off.
Maybe I should have minded my own business, but I think this woman has no right raising a kid. In about 10 years she is going to wonder why her kid is a deliquent and hates her. You should have to have a license to breed.
Mindless rant done.