DID LAST NIGHT HAPPEN?
I played softball again and actually managed to stay on my feet this week, and once again was one of the few people to score a run. I realized that falling actually helps me to not get grumpy while I play because I can laugh at myself instead of focusing on the fact that I am playing soft ball. I went out drinking and we ended up later in the night at a bar where we were sitting on the patio with some of Lurker Boys friends. This is when things might have gotten odd.
One of his friends told me I sell myself short. Um... If thinking I am the wittiest, smartest, most attractive person in most situations, then sure I sell myself short. Then the friends left and Dr. Phil was walking down the street and I said "Look Dr. Phil", so Lurker boy stopped him and and talked to him, and then got excited that he talked to Dr Phil. The some guy with dreds sat down and explained how he saw an angel on MARTA but before he could talk to him the angel got off the train between stops. He also talked about how he had boned a vampire before. She didn't draw blood or nothing, she apparently was so good he had to run away, but not before "they got stuck like dogs". Poor girl! I think i dreamed all of this, but maybe it did happen.
And then we went to a bar next door to take a few shots before heading home and I could be totally wrong here, I didn't think I drank all that much, but who knows, I think the word
SERIOUS was used. Of course that confused me a bit because I don't generally use the word serious to describe many things, so I looked it up. Here are some definitions:
* Being of such import as to cause anxiety
* Too complex to be easily answered or solved
* Not trifling or jesting
WHOA! People actually use that to describe relationships? I am no word smith or nothing but I think that sounds bad. So in my mind
significant is the new serious:
* Having or expressing a meaning; meaningful
* Having or likely to have a major effect
* Deserving to be considered; important