I QUIT... Why?... WELL, BECAUSE I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU!
Tonight in class a group did a presentation on "Rites of Passage". One girl talked about female genitalia mutilation. She got up in front of the class and talked about how nasty it was, and it is a human rights issue and we should be in every country doing something about it.
*WELCOME TO MY SOAP BOX*
OK, so yes, I understand it is a dirty practice, ................
TO THE WESTERN WORLD and a few others. This girl is in a counseling program and the number one rule is to SUSPEND ALL JUDGMENT. One day she is going to be in an office and someone is going to say something that is foreign to her culture and she is going to screw a person up. To top it off, she is in the school counseling program and I can not wait to hear about the first law suit that is brought up against her. Yes, I would hate to have my clit cut off, and yes I would hate for someone I know to go through that,
BUT that is not a ritual that the culture I was raised in practices, and respects.....So, Yes, I debated her, and yes I was alone in my opinion, and yes the entire class jumped on me, AND YES... I was right. I generally don't feel you should be a counselor with a political agenda.
Then:
A girl presented on gangs.... these words SERIOUSLY came out of her mouth:
"did you know the music you listen to has gang references? I found, while doing research, that a "shot caller" is a gang term"
I thought that this was the most disgusting display of ignorance I had ever heard... until... half the class said "NO WAY"
Then:
A totally different girl continued with gangs and said
"I was appalled to find out that to join a gang, guys are beat up, and sometimes girls have to have sex"
YOU ALL ARE SERIOUSLY SO DUMB THAT I CAN NOT HANDLE ANYMORE!